Firefox 9/Menubar/Bookmarks: Bookmarks lost their icons
iMac. Firefox 9. I just uploaded from 8.01 to 9. In my Bookmarks/submaps the urls had in version 8.01, icons. Now in 9 the icons in the urls have gone. Restart Firefox, nor restart computer solved the problem.. Who knows the solution. In advance my great thanks!
@Verdi... You're a genius! I don't know how you knew what to do, but IT WORKED!! My icons are back. Thanks!Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Met de QuickTime-plugin kunt u een grote verscheidenheid aan multimediamateriaal op webpagina's bekijken. Raadpleeg voor meer informatie de website van QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- DivX OVS Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Picasa plugin.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
It only affects the bookmarks menu, not the bookmarks button or toolbar.
You can fix it for now with these steps:
- Type about:config in the location bar
- Click "I'll be careful, I promise"
- Type image.mem.decodeondraw in the filter bar
- Double click the entry that comes up to change it's value to False.
@Verdi! I'm very grateful!!!!As always the problem is how to make the search-words. Apparantly Mozilla knew this problem! Thank you again!
@Verdi... You're a genius! I don't know how you knew what to do, but IT WORKED!! My icons are back. Thanks!
Thank you very much!
It was already on false....??
Try to restore favicons with this extension:
Try some maintenance on the places.sqlite database file:
- Places Maintenance: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/places-maintenance/