My files are being downloaded as binary files, how do I stop this?
every time I download from firefox now, it downloads in binary files without any choices.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
approximately 6 months ago
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
This did not help. I could not find the browser setting posted to reset it. Do I need to remove Firefox and reload it? If I do, I will lose all my favorites.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder where you will find the mimeTypes.rdf file:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder