Gmail does not work anymore
So here's what I'm experiencing. Let us see if Firefox support can rescue.
Using Firefox 7.0.1
Everything works fine, Sync is good and all.
I decide to install Beta version of Chrome (to test their multiple profile feature).
I login to my Gmail on Chrome.
I then decide to forget Chrome and come back to Firefox as my permanent browser.
I discover that my Gmail isn't loading anymore in Firefox. It is stuck at Trying to load, and never does.
I first decide to remove only the Cookies and Cache in Firefox. It didn't help.
I then decide to check my Gmail in a brand new profile of Firefox (without Sync setup). Gmail works fine.
I come back to my main Firefox profile (where I have my Bookmarks and History with Sync setup properly). This time I eliminate everything, cache, cookies, history, preference, password etc.
Gmail still does not work.
This leaves me to one conclusion. My profile is corrupt and Firefox Sync has a corrupt profile of mine.
I am back to Chrome because Gmail would not load for me in Firefox.
What do you think?
Additional System Details
- Version 126.96.36.19958
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.14
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Picasa plugin
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0 for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.