Why when I go to history does it show September as being the last time I browsed?
When I click on the history icon, it shows September as being the last time I browsed. What happened?
Additional System Details
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
I guess it probably comes down to finding what you have regardless of whether you switched profiles or simply stopped recording history, but a statement of why what you see would be wrong would make for a better question.
Bring up up current profile, and then check your profile and uif you have other profiles check the dates in them as well.
- Type about:support into the location bar
- Click on the "Open Containing Folder" button on the page
- Check the dates on the places.sqlite file and on the files without the bookmarkbackups folder, you should have 5 or 10 .json file backups for bookmarks.
- Go up one level from your profile folder to see if you have other profiles there and checkout the other profiles in the same manner.
You may have switched profiles or you may have stopped recording your browsing history because you chose private browsing or chose permanent private browsing, or you have a problem with you files such as read only or corruption.
If you just have one profile and are currently recording history than you probably deleted a chunk of history. If just have one profile and you are not currently recording history then it is likely that you change your options under the tools menu. Check to make sure that you are recording history, and that you are not deleting your browsing history by comparing your settings to those in this picture
That usually means that the more recent history was removed via Clear Recent History.
Another possible cause is a problem with the file places.sqlite that stores the bookmarks and the history.