Compatibility with Windows XP SP3
I get reminders quite often about Firefox 8.1 to replace 3.6. I have several computers with Windows XP SP3 and one with Windows 7. When Firefox 6 became available, there was a Mozilla-supplied program that determined that too many of my installed applications were incompatible with Firefox 6, so I did not install it. There seems to be no similar utility for Firefox 8. How do I determine how much trouble Firefox 8 is going to cause me before I install it? Most of the computers have similar programs installed (some "old" such as MS Office 2003) in addition to the identical operating systems.
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Live Update v1.4
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Is It Compatible?: