This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Two commercial pages (inside Amazon and United) sites have displays disrupted in 8.0.1.
Two pages that must display correctly for transactions do not: the Amazon accounts page (https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/homepage.html?ie=UTF8&ref_=topnav_ya) and a United Airlines page (in the URL box attached to this question). Displays are all static. Safari 5.1.1 displays properly. Pre-version-8 Firefox displayed these correctly. Have Style as "Basic" and cleared cache per FAQ info. Using Mac OS X 10.6.8 on an iMac.
All Replies (1)
Can you attach a screenshot?
Use a compressed image type like PNG or JPG to save the screenshot and make sure that you do not exceed the maximum file size (1 MB).
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Diagnose Firefox issues using Troubleshoot Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Modified by cor-el