I have Mac Version 10.5.8 Build 9L31a, Dual 2GhzPower PC05. 2 gb DDR SD RAM but when I try to upgrade from 3.6.24 to the newer version, I receive a message that says my Mac is not compatible. What can I do?
It appears that I meet the criteria necessary for the upgrade to the latest Mozilla/Firefox. My system does not have Intel. Could that be the reason? Please advise.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24
Firefox 4+ versions aren't compatible with the Power PC architecture, they need an Intel chip.
For older Macs that aren't supported in Firefox 4+ versions, try TenFourFox for PowerPC's running Mac 10.4.11 & 10.5.8 .