How to stop script error: chrome://vidbar/content/downloader.js:109
Happens on sites with pictures or video. (Especially facebook)
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- Picasa plugin.
- DivX Content Upload Plug-In: Uploads DivX video in your browser!
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24
That issue can be caused by the vidbar extension.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
Clear as mud thanks.
I had exactly the same problem with FF 3.6.18 - FF 3.6.25 and I was getting the web pages locking up and the same error message as above on Google image search and on Facebook.
I followed the above instructions to run FF in safe mode and everything worked OK , so I checked my plugins and I have found that the problem is with the extension Download Youtube Video+ 10.3
Once I disabled Download Youtube Video+ 10.3 Facebook work good without the pages locking up , and the same with google image search.