How can I block a particular pop-up window that gets through despite blocking.
A lot of the time, not all the time but lots, when I open Firefox, another window opens. It's a poker game.
Additional System Details
http://http://www.partypoker.com/td/videogame-Giovanni/videogame-Giovanni.html?wm=3349269&zedo=pop_tor in English
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2065
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 1.1.4, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
AdBlock add-on does a perfect job at blocking this kind of pop-ups. At least much much better than I could do myself.
got to Tools > addons and search for adBlock. Or - simpler - check "Most popular" page at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/?sort=users.
14M users can not be that wrong (g).
PS: If the answer has solved your problem, then mark the question as "Solved". This way you will help others in a similar situation.