Firefox loads http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/central instead of home page
I'm using virtual XP in WIN 7 . Every damn time I open Firefox. I get the "Thank you for downloading Firefox" crap. It loads ahead of my home page. I've ad-blocked it to no avail. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. If I can't get this fixed this week, I'm going to switch browsers.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
After update to 8.0
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
There is no help for this according to your site.
Refer to this help article on How to Setup the Home Page.
If this still doesn't work, do the following:
- in the address bar type "about:config";
- click the button "I'll be careful I promise";
- in the bar type "browser.startup.page";
- right-click on it, and change the value to "0";
- re-start your browser.
Hope this helps.