Firefox will not open. It says Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. I have restarted my computer multiple times
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Today. No new items were installed or added.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.121 Safari/535.2
Sounds like Firefox is "hanging at exit". That problem is frequently caused by an Extension or a Plugin. Read all of the following articles.
NOTE: Establish a habit of exiting/closing Firefox with Firefox button > Exit or File > Exit to allow an orderly shutdown of Firefox and closing of all of the files that Firefox has open.
- Stop the Firefox process:
- Mozillazine - Kill application
- Windows 7 users click here
- Mac users: http://techheavy.com/2011/02/the-mac-task-manager/
- Why Firefox may hang:
- Use Firefox Safe Mode to find a problem with an Extension or Plugin:
- Don't check anything when entering Safe Mode, just continue
- If the problem does not occur in Safe Mode it is probably an Extension or Plugin causing the problem
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Modified by SafeBrowser