Why is Firefox 3.5.10 still using Java 1.5 even though I have Java 1.6 is installed
I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 with all current updates. I am running Firefox 3.5.10 with all current updates. I have Java enabled in Firefox. I have the Java Embedding Plug-in 0.9.7.2 installed and enabled. In OSX Java preferences, I've placed java 6 at the top, so it should be checked for first.
When I do the plug-in check on the mozilla site, it tells me that my java is outdated.
When I run the java version check at browser spy, it sees the version Java 1.6 is installed but the "java using object and applet tag" is still Java 1.5.
So it appears that the browser or perhaps the Java Embedded plugin is NOT using Java 1.6 even though it is installed in the system.
I had understood that Java Embedded plugin is distributed with Firefox. How can I get it to use Java 1.6 on Mac?
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- npmnqmp 071505000006
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10