I need to close Foxfire to install Flash. How do I close the program?
Once I installed Firefox I lost Pandora and the ability to view videos! Each site tells me to close the Firefox program before I can install Flash. How do I close the program?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
There are 2 versions of Adobe Flash:
- an ActiveX version for IE only
- a Plugin version for most other browsers including Firefox
- On a Windows system, you should always update both individually.
You do not appear to have the Plugin version for Firefox installed. If you did, in Add-ons > Plugins you would see "Shockwave Flash (version)". If "Shockwave Flash" is there and is disabled, click the "Enable" button.
Check your Plugins often --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- only the most popular/used Plugins are known by this page
- page will detect only installed, enabled Plugins
Install or update Adobe Flash
- Using Firefox, go to the following link and SAVE the download to your desktop so you can find it later. Un-check any items on that page that you do not want to download (i.e., "McAfee Security Scan Plus":
- When the download is finished, close Firefox (File > Exit OR Firefox button > Exit)
- Click or double-click on the file you just saved to your desktop
- In the installation window that appears, click the box to the left of "I have read and...." to place a check mark in the box
- The "Install" button in the lower right corner will now be highlighted, click it.
- The installation is quick.
- Start Firefox and test your installation here: https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- To update/install the ActiveX version for IE only, repeat the process, but use IE to go to the above website.
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox