- Facebook: cannot close notification tab after I open it.
- Tumblr: cannot expand images in posts on my dashboard; preexisting text in forms (such as the tags form when making a new post) does not go away. This "typeover" error exists on other pages as well.
- Reddit: cannot enter the subreddit in a post; logging in from the main page results in error
This hasn't been a persistent problem; it just started today. I tried reinstalling Firefox and restarting my computer, but the issues are still present.
Modified by Sam Feeley
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- Version 1.0.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1
Try the Firefox SafeMode to see how it works there.
A troubleshooting mode, which disables most Add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default Theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ SafeMode by holding the Shft key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item, click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled... while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shft key) to open it again.
If it is good in the Firefox SafeMode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
When you figure out what is causing that, please let us know. It might help other user's who have that problem.