menu bar is not working
I have a very weird problem which I've been never experienced.
Now, all the menus and right-click of the mouse is disabled. I am not saying that I cannot see the menu. There are menu! However, it doesn't react whatever way now. Therefore, go to 'Tools --> something --> something' is not applicable for me at all. Morever, right-clicking of my mouse does not show anything. I don't know the reason. I turn on my laptop and read a book for several minutes, browse IBM website, and I found that my mouse doesn't react for the right click. So, I tried to check something from menu (I didn't know what must I do, just habitually i tried to access menu), but menu didn't work too.
Please let me know how to fix this.
SUSE Linux 11.4 (32bit) Firefox (I even cannot check the version!!! because the Help menu isn't working)
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Suddenly from today
- The Totem 2.32.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The IcedTea-Web Plugin executes Java applets.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Plugin for Installing Applications (new)
- nspluginwrapper is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386 plugins.This beta software is available under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I cannot access Help > Troubleshooting Information.
Top of Firefox window non-responsive, toolbars non responsive -- also see Problematic extensions
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.