After update, computer won't go to home page
a blank page comes up after signing in, instead of my home page
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
right after update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
In the address bar, type about:config
then click ill be careful i promise
then in the filter window, type browser.startup.page
then double click on it and change the value to 1
close the window, exit firefox and restart-it
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
You also have to ensure that you've setup Firefox with your Home Page URL. If you haven't done so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Options (i.e. \Firefox\Options\Options);
- Go to the General tab;
- Under Start-up - enter the URL in the Home Page URL box.
Also, make sure that you have chosen "Show my Home Page" under "When Firefox Starts" (use the drop down arrow).