How do I change a stored user Id on one of my web sites?
I have one web site that has the user ID and password stored but the user ID has changed and I can't get Firefox to let me change it on here. How do I change it?
You'll have to delete that entry, that is, click on "Saved Passwords", highlight the entry and click "Remove". Then you can go to the website, enter your new username and password, at which point Firefox will ask you if you want to save the entry.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.13
- Version 184.108.40.20633
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24
- Go to Options (i.e. Firefox/Options/Options);
- Go to the Security tab;
- Under Saved Passwords you can change passwords.
I don't want to change the pass word. I need to change the user ID.
You'll have to delete that entry, that is, click on "Saved Passwords", highlight the entry and click "Remove". Then you can go to the website, enter your new username and password, at which point Firefox will ask you if you want to save the entry.
WhiteWolfTexas, Apparently I'm having the same problem. The 'glitch' is apparently with only with one website. I've tried to change my User ID several ways to no avail. However, when I look at the same site with Explorer the change has occurred properly. If I try any combination of passwords against the User ID populated in the dropdown box it rejects. However, I can select alternate User ID in dropdown box enter new ID + password and get in. It's simply a matter of adding a step - but, a PC is supposed to help not create extra steps! LOL