why can't i copy and paste urls from www.twitter.com?
i've been trying to copy and paste tweets with urls on them but firefox only copy the text not the urls, is there something i can do to fix this?
Additional System Details
- Version 22.214.171.12433
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.13
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Nexon Game Controller
- Unity Player 3.4.1f5
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
I went to http://twitter.com/ after pasting in your link www.twitter.com if you are referring to the links at the bottom, right-click on the link and choose "Copy link location" then paste where you want it with "Ctrl+V".
If you can't copy from a site in your normal manner, try
- Edit > Copy of a selection
- "Ctrl+C" keyboard shortcut
- Turn off CSS style formatting View > Page Style > No Style (don't forget to turn back on)
Real example of where to find what you are talking about -- the url and the what to look for -- that does not require any log-in would make for a better question.
You can copy multiple selections at the same time from most web pages. You can not copy multiple selections encompassing multiple frames or complicated divided areas. Try to include a space at beginning/end of areas that you copy to make your editing afterwards easier.
hi, i tried it that way and it works, but i still want to copy the entire twit, including the url and that way makes me waist time and is a bit uncomfortable...
for example, i want to copy this: Can you name this ruins?? http://pic.twitter.com/BzmjnEST
but instead i get this: Can you name this ruins??
here is the url of this twit: http://twitter.com/#!/zcolonial/status/136443297790038016
i just want to know if maybe this is something i can deactivate in the options or maybe if is an error of the system that can be solved by uninstalling and installing again.
You can try this ,
Select the tweet including the link. Drag and drop it inside the box.
Modified by xr417
you can't do that... once you open the box you cant touch what's behind...
You can open a new tab with the same link and do so..
that works! still a bit uncomfortable but thank you!!