Firefox won't go to google
All of a sudden I can't get Firefox to go to google.com keeps telling me url not found
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
3 days ago
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r32
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Please upgrade your browser to Firefox 8 and check
Do a malware check with some malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
You need to scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php - Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- http://www.superantispyware.com/ - SuperAntispyware
- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx - Windows Defender: Home Page
- http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html - Spybot Search & Destroy
- http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php - Ad-Aware Free
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked
Here is what I did, downloaded Firefox 8 and upgraded (I'm certain I was already running version 8), didn't help. Ran my malware software and it didn't find anything. I uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it. I must not of gotten a clean uninstall, when I checked all of my bookmarks were still there from my previous use. Still can't get to google. every time I try I get the message 404 not found.