I have been getting the following message on many, but not all pages, for the last few days. "Sorry, Bad Request. Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit." What's wrong?
I get this message with Firefox but not IE. I tried re-installing Firefox but it still happens.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
That issue can be caused by corrupted cookies.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"