Where do I find "preferances" or "tools" in Firefox 7/windows 7?
A resent email from Mozilla said to go to preferences to make a change. I can't find it. It doesn't appear under the Firefox tab in the upper left or anywhere else I've looked. Where would it be?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module for IJ
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
Mozilla doesn't send email about changes to Firefox. Sounds like someone was trying to exploit you into making a nefarious changes to Firefox.
* Linux: Edit > Preferences * Mac: Firefox > Preferences * Windows: Firefox > Options or Tools > Options
I think I could have been clearer. The email was Mozilla's Firefox and You article "6 Tips to Stay Safe While Browsing"