My clear recent history always goes into "non-responding" mode. Why?
I always have to close out firefox and start over so don't know if all the items I want cleared are gone!
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
I try to use it to clear my history after using certain websites
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Version 22.214.171.124
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
How are you doing that? Do you have the automatic clearing set up or are you using the clearing from the Tools menu?
I believe it's automatic with items checked that I want cleared - ie, cache, cookies, etc.
That can be caused by clearing the cookies via "Clear Recent History".
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history" > [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
- Firefox > History > Clear Recent History or Tools > Clear Recent History
If you use "Clear Recent History" to clear the cookies then Firefox also tries to clear the cookies from plugins like Flash (LSO) and starts a plugin-container process for each plugin and that can add extra time and can cause an unresponsive script error to appear.
Make sure that all plugins are up to date.
I use the tools and clear recent history.
Have not a clue as to what plug-ins are!
Is cookies checked in the Clear Recent History settings?
- Tools > Options > Privacy : History: [X] Clear history when Firefox closes > Settings
If it is then try to exclude the cookies and remove them manually.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Still went into non responding when I unchecked the cookies in Clear Recent History settings.