Is "Install Brain Service" a feature of Firefox? It shows up in task manager.
When my computer locks up and I am trying to access the internet through Firefox, one of the processes using over 6,000K is titled: Install Brain Service.
Do you know what that might be?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Office Live Update v1.3
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
when it happened this morning, I also was trying to access a USB flash drive
I looked in my list of programs in Uninstall Programs in Windows 7 and InstallBrain Updater Service is listed there. They have a website that lists the contact info as:
"Address Info RevenueHits.com (MyAdWise Ltd.) 5 Ha'Plada St. Or Yehuda Israel"
If Firefox is to blame for putting software on my computer made by a company with a name like "MyAdWise Ltd." without my knowledge I'm going to be pissed.
This is the way I fixed the problem: Go to Control Panel, from there select and open Administrative Services. At the bottom of the list is Services. Left click on that and open it. A list of Local Services will appear. Find in the list "Installbrainserviceupdate" Right click on it. From the drop down select properties. Then you will go to another page and you want the 'general page". About mid page there will be section called "startup type" It will usually show "automatic" as the selection. Click the down arrow and you will be given the choice of automatic, manual, or disable. Select disable, then select apply, the select OK. This will not delete the file but it is just a good as gone.
I have just installed video performer soft, a video converter, which came with this install brain updater. Just uninstall it and that's it. It has also ibsvc.exe process so if you see that process it's from this one. My ZA didn't say that is a worm, malware or something bad.
Phancock's fix works great although in my XP machine in Amin tools it was listed as "Updater Service". Partial path was "IBUpdaterService\ibsvc.exe". I denied internet connection in my firewall and the damn thing completly took over my CPU>