Firefox crashes every time on startup, doesn't work in safe mode
Hi, I'm asking on behalf of my fiance's computer, because he can't get Firefox to last more than a second before crashing. This means he also can't try all the recommended updates in order to troubleshoot the problem. His antivirus (AVG) won't download updates, for instance. He's tried to start Firefox in safe mode, directing it to start without add-ons, and it still crashes.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Bing Bar
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1