After Firefox 7 Install D3D9 Window Not Responding At Shutdown
Since installing Firefox 7, every time I try to shutdown the computer, a warning opens and says D3D9 Window Not Responding. I then have to click END NOW. Windows XP SP3.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I installed Firefox 7
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
This many people with the problem and no suggestions ?
32 people with the issue and no answers ?
I seemed to have minimized it by shutting down FF 7 and then waiting a minute. FF7 also crashes and locks up on restart if you shutdown the computer without going thru shut down( ie just pull plug). Maybe FF8 will be better. :)
found this in microsoft forum:
Same issue with FF8 . Still no answer from FF tech support with all these people having the same issue ?
Here is a portion of the above quoted link. "ONE MORE THING! The initial problem with DirectX (receiving the D3D9Window error notice on shutdown) happened immediately following my upgrading to the latest version of Firefox, Version 6.0.2. I am SURE this is not a mere coincidence, and that others upgrading their browser will probably encounter a similar problem."
So this appears to be a definite problem between FF and DirectX.
COME ON FF. GET THIS FIXED.