loads of "etilqs_xxx" files are written to Windows\temp file and never deleted, filling up "C" drive, help
As stated in question. After using McAfee thrash feature most files disappear, but a few pop right back. My C drive filled up. I finally found where and what was taking up space. It happens continuously and are not deleted when shutting down nor by 'delete temp files'
Additional System Details
This started when...
about 3 weeks ago
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I am running an updated WindowsXP home edition
Those are temp SQLite files and shouldn't be there.
The prefix on temporary filenames on Windows is changed from "sqlite" to "etilqs"
Make sure that other (security) software isn't causing these to appear or remain.