how can I lock the toolbar
I right click on an empty part of the toolbar area and there is no option to lock the toolbars. I don't want toolbars added (like the McAfee one that adds itself EVERY DAY above the tool tray (at bottom of screen); I only want the ones I currently have.
I thought this function used to be a firefox tool. I had to use IE at work and it definitely was in IE.
Please tell me how I can enable this function.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1
I didn't know I had to bring this and it's too late to go back and get it. My question isn't very technical -
Firefox keeps the Toolbars locked all the time, except when you open the Customize mode for the Toolbars. IE is the one the the "lock" on a right-click.
If that McAfee Toolbar doesn't stay de-selected, try disabling the McAfee extension that toolbar is controlled by.
Wouldn't --try disabling the McAfee extension that toolbar is controlled by. -- disable McAfee extension altogether?
The McAfee software (? is it software or an extension or an add-on: I don't know the difference, obviously) is supposed to be some form of protection - is my understanding.
Thanks so much for your help! (I'm a librarian and to some extent teach how to use computers every day, but I feel so helpless and stupid about this kind of thing :-)