Anyone good at Cookie Managment in Firefox that can answer this problem?
I won't go through any details here but refer to this bug i made in Bugzilla.
So far not anyone have figured out what's causing the problem.
It's a big shame!
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
You may get lucky as this forum will possibly be read by more users than the bugzilla.
It is probably an idea to ask on one of the Mozillazine forums e.g. http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=9
Nope i haven't got a single response since i found the fault nightly and posted it in my bug report. Seems hopeless.. This is times when i even feel IE 9 is a better browser or at least the devs behind it.
Looking I do see you have a bug that has had some attention. Possibly it is a situation tending to affect only a small number of sites, and possibly mainly using none English characters.
Not really something I can help with. One thought is, do you see a similar or the same problem on any other public Swedish sites, if you do that may be a bug you could file with more likelihood of it receiving prompt attention.
It is better to get the SourceStamp of the Firefox versions.
That allows to see the checkins.
See about:buildconfig on the Help > Troubleshooting Information page or the file application.ini in the Firefox program folder (C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\)
It happens just on this particular site i listed in my bugzilla post. Every other Swedish site works just fine. Problem i can't see why this particular problem doesn't occur in other browsers like IE, Opera or Chrome or even the old Firefox 3.6xx but does only show up in stable FF 4.0 and up.
Modified by klappa
I see this bug about cookies during that period (Jul 29 to Jul 30 2010), but have no idea if that is the cause.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=572223 Bug 572223 – too much cookies.sqlite io
You also need the sourcestamp of the Minefield/4.0b3pre 20100729073046 build.
The one it worked for is SourceStamp=b26489e73818
Could this be it?
email@example.com Thu Jul 29 14:01:10 2010 -0700 6d0d4c0c8890 Dan Witte — Bug 572223 - too much cookies.sqlite io. Part 6: fresh connection for sync reads. r=sdwilsh e0d1de68b676 Dan Witte — Bug 572223 - too much cookies.sqlite io. Part 5: async RemoveAll. r=sdwilsh 06be5719ad0b Dan Witte — Bug 572223 - too much cookies.sqlite io. Part 4: tests. r=sdwilsh 66e85e6fcf87 Dan Witte — Bug 572223 - too much cookies.sqlite io. Part 3: sync read per domain. r=sdwilsh deacdfe550e5 Dan Witte — Bug 572223 - too much cookies.sqlite io. Part 2: async read. r=sdwilsh 8074ceec1b54 Dan Witte — Bug 572223 - too much cookies.sqlite io. Part 1: add baseDomain column. r=sdwilsh
Seems it was Linux.
Im sorry but i don't have the expertise in this area to exactly locate the change any dev did in that particular time. I'm just a normal user. I did as much as i could until this point. Now only any dev could notice it and add it to his/her task to find out the source of the problem.
Modified by klappa