Why won't Firefox open my iGoogle page as a default, it makes me log in each time, and never did that until I updated to 7.0.1?
I long ago selected iGoogle as my home page. It opened automatically with my gmail and news gadgets intact. When I upgraded to 7.0.1 beta, it stopped loading the page automatically. I have to log in to the page each time I start Firefox or open a new window. Also, on startup, no screen offers the opportunity to restore previous sessions. The option to do so from the History menu is grayed out, so I can't return to my home page that way.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- RealPlayer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 22.214.171.124
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Musicnotes Viewer plugin 1.18.8 http://www.musicnotes.com
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Plugin for viewing Sibelius(tm) music scores http://www.sibelius.com
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0
I'm running Mac OS X 7.1, and Firefox 7.0.1 beta, (just updated today to Firefox 8.0 beta, but it behaves the same.
I running this on a MacBook @2.26 GHX with 4GB ram
Have you tried making sure that it remembers your password and logs you in automatically? It could be that Firefox is deleting the cookie used to automatically log in. You can also try LastPass to make everything easier if you can't fix it.