your firefox profile cannot be loaded. it may be missing or inaccessible. Running Windows 7
I have received this error message for several months on my daughter's system that say"your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. it may be missing or inaccessible". Running Windows 7 on an HP system with dual processor and 8MB memory. (Note since HP went out biz on the Desktop PC business I have other problems with their products..ie..software". This system has some type of proprietary software that does not allow you to scan the boot sector.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
4 months ago
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Winamp Application Detector
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
I have uninstalled and reinstalled software several times and ran registry troubleshooting software applications. I am still having the same problem. I am sending this message from a different system.
I would like to thank whomever responded to the question, but I believe my issue is totally different. My problem is that once Firefox was downloaded and I attempted to install or upgrade the software it will not open.
Before the error message it was crashing a lot on my daughter's system only (HP Desktop). I have tried reinstalling first to fix a possible corrupt file. That did not work. I got the same error message. i then stripped all of Firefox off the system to include user profiles and bookmarks and reloaded the software. When I tried to open Firefox I got this error message which reads"your Firefox profile cannot be loaded. it may be missing or inaccessible". The software decompresses and goes through the installation process; however, the error message appears before it opens, it cannot access the Internet or its website to go through all the changes or demo screen.
I checked to see if the firewall was preventing the downloaded software from being installed and there was no issue there. I went to Windows privacy setting that governs the browsers mainly IE and Firefox had access there too.
Attached in Word document format is a screen snap shot of the exact error message. This has been the case since Firefox version 5.X to the newest download.
Modified by mp32725
Did you try to create a new profile?
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See Basic Troubleshooting: Make a new profile:
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If that new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files
Also check your security software (firewall) if you can't open Firefox after updating or installing.
Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
I too have this problem and cannot get to the profile manager to make a new profile. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program including deleting the mozilla folder in the program files (x86) folder.
When I try to get to the profile manager, I get the same error message telling me that the profile cannot be accessed. ANy ideas?