How do i get to about.config for firefox - it doesnt seem to work
I have been given this faultfinding instruction - Type about:config in the URL bar
However it doesnt work - my firefox cant find the URL.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
Dont know havent tried it before
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1682
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-GB; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12
Just need to access the config of firefox
ensure that you only enter about:config and that it is nor preceded by http or anything such as that. You should get a page stating 'This might void the warranty' ;)
Sorted - the forum had this as about.config when it was in fact about:config thanks anyway
-> Open Firefox and type about:config in the Location (address) bar
- When you see a warning, click I'll be careful, I promise button
Check and tell if its working.
thanks - that works
To help other users find solutions, please return to this Thread and Sign-in to the forum with your Username and Password:
click on "Solved It" Next to the reply ABOVE that BEST solved your Question
DO NOT click "Solved It" next to this reply