firefox won't allow me to make a search in the address bar anymore
usually firefox allows me to make a search in the address bar and it will take me to my search engine's results without any problems. Now, (i accidently clicked something that changed it) i get messages saying url incorrect or from my browser i get no search found. i restarted firefox and i want to be able to search with the address bar again
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
i changed a setting in the about:config
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- TestGen plug-in, Version 7.4
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- The Hulu Desktop Plugin allows Hulu.com to integrate with the Hulu Desktop application.
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Album Plugin Utility Module
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 126.96.36.199
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Unity Player 2.1.0f5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
restarted firefox, disabled add-ons, reset all to default.
In the address bar type "about:config" without the quotation marks.
Then in the Filter field type keyword.
Then double click keyword.URL
and type or copy and paste the following: "http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=" without the quotations.
And there you have it. Your browser will use google to search.
These instructions were found here: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Location%20bar%20search