firefox 6 need to move the cache (temporary files folder) to a particular folder
Hello I need to know how to go about moving the temp files folder for firefox 6. I managed to do it easily for IE as it can be done from the settings tabs but for firefox I need to access the about:config as I understand it. However after I implemented browser.cache.disk;D:\Temporary Internet Files and browser.cache.offline;D:\Temporary Internet Files nothing seems to be happening as firefox is still using the original place
Modified by JDogLFC
Correct pref is browser.cache.disk.parent_directory - doesn't exist by default, the user needs to create it.Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r153
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1240
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Version 0.9.18, Copyright 2006-2009 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- Version 0.9.18, copyright 2006-2010 Veetle Inchttp://www.veetle.com/
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Correct pref is browser.cache.disk.parent_directory - doesn't exist by default, the user needs to create it.
Thanks I did exactly that but it still continues to use the default dir
You need to close and restart Firefox after changing the pref on the about:config page.
Yes in fact now it seems to be working. However to function I disabled/restarted/enabled again/restarted both browser.cache.disk.enable and browser.cache.offline.enable
After I did that it transfered everything.
You can always verify the location of the cache on the about:cache page via the location bar.
hi cor-el that is super cheers mate