Can't uninstall firefox from control panel or mozilla folder?
Firefox has became unusable and I need to get rid of it to try a clean install. When I try to remove it using 'controll panel' nothing happens. The same thing happens doing it through the 'Mozilla Firefox' folder in program files.
Any help guys?
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5
I had the same issue. To resolve it, I:
1. Backed up my bookmarks to my desktop;
2. Deleted the Mozilla Firefox folder (in the C:\Program Files folder).
3. Reinstalled Firefox
4. Uninstalled Firefox (to make sure any registry entries that may have been causing problems were removed)
5. Reinstalled Firefox again
6. Imported bookmarks.
7. OPTIONAL: Reinstall any add-ons I regularly use
I no longer have the problems with slow performance or websites hanging that I had after originally upgrading to Firefox 7.
Obviously if you just want to uninstall, you only need to do steps 2 through 4. I wanted to continue using Firefox and was just trying to resolve the issues I was having browsing the web since upgrading to 7.
Modified by tomj1969