How can I put Google Search on my default home page?
When I was using 3.6 because of the add-ons available that are not on 6 my beginning page always started with Google Search. Now that I've upgraded to 6.02 all I get is a blank page at startup! And I cannot seem to change that in the "Tools/General/Home page site!!!
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
I upgraded to 6.02
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Default Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.1689
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
What is the startup setting?
- Tools > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my home page"
Firefox 4 and later versions use a new build-in home page named about:home with a Google search bar on it that is used when the home page setting is blank.
You can set another page as the home page like www.google.com or www.google.com/firefox as used in Firefox 3 versions.