All Youtube videos give error message when trying to play
I've had this problem for a little over a week now. All YouTube videos, whether they are embedded on another site or on YouTube itself, do not play. Instead, I get an error message that says "An error occurred. Please try again later." Videos from other sites that are not in whatever format YouTube videos are in still work (such as Hulu, Dailymotion, and others).
Another thing that doesn't work on YouTube is when I click on my username in the top right hand corner to see a drop-down list of my playlists. The drop-down menu that appears just says "Loading..." and never loads. I have tried to follow YouTube's instructions, but I have done everything they've recommended.
I have tried reinstalling/updating Adobe Flashplayer, Adobe Reader (not that it matters), turning off my McAfee firewall, and even reinstalling Firefox 6.0.2.
I should also note that on Internet Explorer I am experiencing no problems with YouTube at all, but I really don't like Internet Explorer.
Additional System Details
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.11
- Version 22.214.171.124
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Cmd + Shift + R" (MAC)
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Thanks for the response. I did manage to figure it out a few hours ago. Apparently YouTube was blocked by Adblock so I had to whitelist the site. I feel like one of those old people who can't figure anything out for themselves now, even though I managed to get it.