Am running 6.0.2, when I click on a link, pages are slow or never load.
Ever since upgrading to 6.0.2, I have constant problems with sites loading. For example, msnbc.com, I click on the link and get a blank page with the continuously spinning clockwise arrow. This happens on most links.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
upgrade to 6.0.2
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- 184.108.40.206 - The WorldWinner plug-in allows you to enjoy online casual games with the thrill of playing for cash and prizes
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
A possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.