When I close firefox, an istance keeps running and prevents me from opening the browser unless I go into task manager and end the process. Please advise.
At one point the same thing was happening with IE. That is one of the reasons I switched to Firefox. It seems to have appeared around the time I updated Firefox to version 3.6.22 although I can't be sure. If you could give me a link to the previous version or instruct me how to restore to a previous version that would be great. Thanks...
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
I update toi version 3.6.22
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/3.6.22 SearchToolbar/1.2