Why Does the Add-Ons Manager Fail to Reconize that i have updated my FF from 3.6 to 6.0.2?
I decided to update my FireFox after a long stint of not using it. Now i am browsing through the add ons and each time i try to install an add on i get an error telling me that i am using an outdated version of FireFox and need to update. i am currently running 6.0.2 and the Add-Ons manager is telling me i am running 3.6. i even uninstalled and reinstalled and same problem.
Check out this similar thread: Some websites, Mozilla included, appear to think I'm using a different version of Firefox from the one I am using; how can I fix this? | Firefox Support Forum. Does that help?Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
i updated FireFox
- CinemaNow Mozilla Plugin for Media Manager
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.11
- Version 184.108.40.206
- APIX Mozilla Plugin
- MPDRM License Acquisition Plugin
- Google Gadget Plugin 5.7.712.19360
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Previewer of pdf documents.
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.115
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Yahoo Application State Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- Unity Player 2.5.0f5
- Veoh Web Video Player Browser Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) FBSMTWB
Check out this similar thread: Some websites, Mozilla included, appear to think I'm using a different version of Firefox from the one I am using; how can I fix this? | Firefox Support Forum. Does that help?
Thanks an article in that thread got it fixed i believe