How can I install an older version of FireFox to test our site?
I am in QA for SimpleTuition. We get feedback about showing hidden fields on older versions of Firefox, but I cannot test the fix on the current version. I need to install Firefox 5.?
Additional System Details
- Adobe Acrobat Plug-In Version 7.00 for Netscape
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
For those that really need to test an earlier version of Firefox, find your system and the Firefox version you want in releases, download and start the install.
Users should be on either 3.6.21 or 6.0.2
Changed response because poster wanted Firefox 5 so response for 3.6.21 is not
Modified by David McRitchie
The latest Firefox 3.6.x version is 3.6.22
Do a custom install and install each version in its own program folder to use multiple Firefox versions.
Create a new profile exclusively for each Firefox version.
Create a desktop shortcut with -P "profile" appended to the target to launch each Firefox version with its own profile.
See these mozillaZine KB articles for information: