Firefox 6 does not prompt for where to save a download (selected in options)
under tools=> options=> downloads=> selected always ask me where to save the file but I'm never prompted. I have to use the default down loads folder. Why?
Additional System Details
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Version 0.9.8a, copyright 1996-2008 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0.2) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.2
Hi wildrice, settings for Downloads are located under Tools>Options. Click the General tab in the middle of that page (see image below). To be prompted for each download, click the round radio button labeled "Always ask me where to save files". If I recall correctly, if you choose this option, you may have the opportunity to switch to one location during the Save process, maybe with a checkmark.
"Always ask me where to save files" is already selected but no prompt appears and the file is not downloaded. Do I need to allow pop-ups to see the prompt?
Are you having problems Downloading All file format files or specific files ??
Managing file types
Check and tell if its working.
So far I've been down loading video file formats. WMV, AVI, MP4. Everything works when Tools=> options => general => saves files to DOWNLOADS (folder) but stops working when "Always ask me where to save files" is selected. I never get the prompt and opening "downloads" with a ctrl J, shows no file down load. When "save files to DOWNLOADS" is selected everything works but the file has to be moved to the correct folder.
Troubleshooting extensions and themes
Check and tell if you can download a file (without any problems) while you are using Firefox Safe Mode.