firefox will not load pages. No problem with Windows Explorer. There is no malware.
No matter what page, it takes forever to load but many times I have to reselect the address and hit enter again and again. This happens with the NY Times, and most of my bookmarks. There is no problem with Explorer which I do not like to use. I have scanned for Mal-ware, viruses etc and nothing. It is becoming increasingly annoying and forces me to use MS. It has been ongoing with Facebook as well. What is going on?!
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
A possible cause is security software (firewall) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Start Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox (Tools) > Add-ons > Appearance/Themes).
- Don't make any changes on the Safe mode start window.
This is quite complicated. I attempted to check the firewall setting in windows and with Norton. As far as I can see Firefox is allowed. I don't know how to make the firewall ask for permission. It's getting worse.
The problems are getting worse. I think I will have to give up on Firefox and go with the Google browser. No problems with IE just firefox and I can't take it anymore.