why won't firefox open my yahoo email page???? i get a 'bad request' error message in the tab?
i have been using Safari on my MAC... it sucks so i have just downloaded firefox 6.0.1. My main email site is Yahoo. I just tried to use the email notifier on my firefox and i get the error message: Inbox toolbar can not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 6.0.1?????? this is basic stuff? am i doing something wrong? if the notifier won't work, so be it... but, my MAIN question is... what does 'bad request' mean in the firefox tab??? everytime i try to go to Yahoo mail to retrieve my mail this message comes up and the page won't load... it stays totally blank?
Additional System Details
- npmnqmp 071101000050
- RealPlayer Plugin
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Reader Library Helper Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
I have the same problem can't figure it out, in the meantime I installed IETab and got it to work that way, it's not a permanent solution but for now it's an option
This issue can be caused by corrupted cookies.
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
- Windows: Firefox (Tools) > Options
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
i finally got everything from my Safari browser i wanted imported to Firefox after a lot of juggling... i redid my import preferences and used the sync application. i can't be too specific because i was going around in circles for awhile.... not sure Firefox is much better than Safari (maybe a tad faster) now that it's all changed over.