Tab Groups Missing
Using Firefox 3.6.18, I had several tab groups defined with several web pages in each group. I closed Firefox and my tab groups are gone.
The icon for tab groups is missing from the toolbar and I can't figure out how to get it back. Pressing CTRL+SHIFT+E does nothing. Under Tools, Options, General, the startup option is when Firefox starts, "Show my homepage" and it is greyed out. I have disabled all addons and the problems persist.
I don't understand why this feature just suddenly decided to stop working. I've decided to trust Tab Groups twice now and have been burned both times. This feature is a great feature, but if it is as unreliable as I've found it to be, I can't put my faith in using it.
How do I re-enable Tab Groups on my system, and how do I recover the groups that I had defined?
Modified by Nogginboink
Additional System Details
- Default Plug-in
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20110614 Firefox/3.6.18
App (pinned) tabs and Tab Groups (Panorama) are stored as part of the session data  in the file sessionstore.js  in the Firefox profile folder .
Make sure that you do not use "Clear Recent History" to clear the "Browsing History" when Firefox is closed because that prevails and prevents Firefox from opening tabs from the previous session.
-  http://kb.mozillazine.org/Session_Restore
-  http://kb.mozillazine.org/sessionstore.js
-  http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox Firefox
It is also possible to use the "Show my windows and tabs from last time" setting, that is usually a more reliable way to restore session data.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > General > Startup: "When Firefox Starts": "Show my windows and tabs from last time"