how do I disable ask serch engin and install google serch engin
When I updated Firefox it switched my search engine from Google to ASK , how can I get Google back?
Additional System Details
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.3"
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_24 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Click the icon in the search box and choose Google from the list.
- Remove Ask Toolbar (if you have it installed):
- Reset your home page (if the Ask search page is displayed when starting Firefox): http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/How+to+set+the+home+page
- You can reset to the default by clicking "Restore to default" on Options > General > Startup > Home page. Be sure to set "When Firefox starts" to "Show my home page" on that same panel.
- Reset your Location Bar search engine (if typing a few words in the URL/Location Bar takes you to Ask search):
- type about:config in your Location Bar, like typing a web site address, and press the Enter key
- ignore warning and choose to continue
- in Filter, type keyword.URL
- in lower part of screen, if it is bold and shows "user set", right-click keyword.URL and choose "Reset"
- in Filter, type Ask
- any items in lower part of screen in bold and showing "user set", right-click and choose "Reset"
- close about:config tab
- If Ask is shown in your Search Bar and you want to remove it:
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You need to update some plug-ins:
- Plug-in check: https://www-trunk.stage.mozilla.com/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox