Firefox logs me out of saved logins several times per day
With Google and Facebook especially, Firefox will log me out of my active log in session several times per day. This almost always happens when I close a session and start a new session, but will also occur throughout a continuous session. What can I do to fix this? I haven't cleared any of the active log in data in the options function, so I am not sure what is causing this.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
More often after Firefox 6 was installed, but happened in Firefox 5 as well
- Easy and convenient screenshot tool
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.9
- Version 126.96.36.199
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in permanent Private Browsing mode.
- You enter Private Browsing mode if you select: Tools > Options > Privacy > History: Firefox will: "Never Remember History"
- To see all History and Cookie settings, choose: Tools > Options > Privacy, choose the setting Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Deselect: [ ] "Permanent Private Browsing mode"
Websites remembering you and automatically log you in is stored in a cookie.
Try to remove the cookies from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
If clearing the cookies doesn't help then it is possible that the file cookies.sqlite that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete cookies.sqlite-journal and cookies.txt, if they exist, in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.