I can't close firefox
In the upper right hand corner where the _, size reduction button and X are located I can't get them to work. So basically, I can't close firefox, reduce the screen or make it invisible. What can I do?
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
The close button there is for closing the Window not Firefox. To close Firefox use File > Exit, or "Firefox" button > Exit.
You might see if you can do the equivalent with "Alt+Spacebar" (a Windows shortcut) which can also be used if you can't grab the title bar to move a window, allows you to move with the 4 arrow keys.
I would close Firefox by terminating it through the Windows Task manager if nothing else works. Windows 7 use "Ctrl+Shift+Esc" then process tab , select firefox.exe and use "Del" key or right-click and close tree.
Bring up Firefox again, if the problem persists that toolbar buttons do not work then use steps in http://kb.mozillazine.org/Corrupt_localstore.rdf
Please mark "Solved" one answer that will best help others with a similar problem -- hope this was it.