can I import bookmarks from Firefox into Iceweasel, as I went from Linux Mint to Knoppix which uses Iceweasel.
Hi there, I've been playing around with different Linux O.S'es, and every one that I tried used Firefox, and I was therefore able to save my bookmarks and thus put them in my new installation. My latest O.s. is Knoppix 6.2, and it's default browser is Iceweasel. What I would like to know is if I can put my Firefox bookmarks into Iceweasel. The way I used to do this was to first view hidden files, and copy the Mozilla folder to an external drive, install the O.S. view the hidden files and copy and paste the old folder, thereby having all my bookmarks, passwords etc. available. Look forward to your reply, embra55
Additional System Details
- Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_17
- Mime Type x-skype for Skype Buttons
- The Totem 2.28.5 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 18.104.22.168
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- The next generation Java plug-in for Mozilla browsers.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20091216 Iceweasel/3.5.6 (like Firefox/3.5.6; Debian-3.5.6-1)
Export the bookmarks in Firefox to an HTML file and import that file in IceWeasel
thanks for the answer. That's what I thought, but wanted to be certain for sure. Thanks again, embra55