Can't change the background colour back to white
Basically, a year or so ago I change my background colour to blue. Like the colour you get with the blank page when you open a new tab. I've spend hours trying to change it back with no luck at all, and I've looked almost literally everywhere.
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
A year or so ago
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Gecko default plugin
- Unity Web Player lets you experience dazzling interactive 3D right in your browser. For more information, visit Unity .
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Allows webpages to support pressure-sensitive drawing on Wacom pen tablets.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10
This is one possible solution if you haven't tried it already:
1. Go to: Tools > Options > Content
2. Under 'Fonts & Colours' click the 'Colours...' button
3. Next to where it says 'Background:' click the button with the coloured box inside it
4. Select the colour that you want the backgrounds to appear as (e.g white)
5. Click 'OK' and 'OK' again
Your problem should now be fixed. If your browser doesn't have these options then you will need to upgrade to the latest version of Firefox.
If this was the answer you were looking for, please click 'Solved' -- Thanks.
I am unsure of where you have looked or have tried at this point. However, the following should be of help.
Click on firefox in top left>options. in the options menu select the content tab, and locate the colors and fonts. Next, locate color dialog further explained below.
Text and Background: Here you can change the default text and background color to be used on web pages that haven't specified that information. Click on the color samples to select colors.
Use system colors Check this option to use the colors defined in your operating system settings instead of the colors specified above.
Link Colors: Here you can change the default colors for Web links. Click on the color samples to select colors.
Underline links: By default, links are underlined on web pages. Uncheck this option to disable this. Note that many sites specify their own styling rules and this option has no effect on those sites.
Allow pages to choose their own colors, instead of my selections above: By default, Firefox uses the colors specified by the web page author. Disabling this option will force all sites to use your default colors instead.
If this answer solved your issue, please click 'solved' thanks
To strongwind- I tried everything, including going to Tools, and there is no options button under my Tools.
To Dbellca82- I tried going there too, there isn't Options under Firefox.
I have some screenshots, in case you guys think I'm going to the wrong places.
On Mac you can use Firefox > Preferences instead of Firefox/Tools > Options
- Windows: Firefox (Tools) > Options
- Mac: Firefox > Preferences
- Linux: Edit > Preferences
Holey Cheese... That did the trick. Thanks cor-el