Why is Firefox using 5.91 GB of memory?
In my add or remove programs list, it says Firefox is using 5.91 GB of memory? Surely this cant be right.
Additional System Details
This started when...
i updated to Firefox 6.
- BitCometAgent v1.27 for Firefox
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1999
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_26 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- Google Update
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:6.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0
Add/Remove Programs says nothing about usage of memory, though it does list disk space used. It lists the size Windows thinks based on what the program said during install. If you've upgraded a number of times, chances are that the manifest is full of garbage so the size reported is inflated.
Hello firefuxed, thanks for clearing that up for me. I wont worry about it any more. Cheers.